SaleHoo Wholesale Merchandise

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wholesale Merchandise - What Do I Sell?

What is it that you are looking for? Do you want to sell something online that is specific? Or, do you not even care as long as you can get going online selling something, anything?

I know how you feel.

How Do I Find Wholesale Merchandise?



This is the top question of all of those itching to kick off an ecommerce store selling something that either interests them personally or seems to be a hit on the Internet. Your hunt for that wholesale merchandise is the challenge because there are so many scammers and middle-men out there that are willing to squeeze every penny out of the unknowing retailer.

My first suggestion to you is to explore Google and Yahoo. You may run across a few suppliers. Always email them, or call them. You should verify that they are legit and are responsive. Imagine getting involved with a supplier of wholesale merchandise and not being able to contact them, and I assure you from experience, you will need to contact them at some point.

There is nothing more difficult than finding a legit wholesale merchandise drop-shipper or wholesaler online through simple search engine exploration. My advice to you is to go through a service that supplies a list of wholesalers. Again, you should find one that is reputable.

What Sort of Wholesale Merchandise Should I Sell?



This is a personal question more than anything. To give you an answer, let me tell you a bit about my own beginnings and how I made that decision. I will not tell you that it was the best decision, so I will go onto explain what I do currently when considering a new business.

My Experience



I started Knife & Supply Company, LLC – Pocket Knife Shop a few years ago. I chose pocket knives as my wholesale merchandise because of my personal interest.

Being that I enjoy collecting pocket knives, it is easy for me to build my business and grow my reputation as an expert because I have quite a bit of knowledge about pocket knives.

However, to be honest, selling pocket knives online is very challenging. I never considered such things as the fact that collectors like to feel the blade and weight in their hand. They like to look the knife over for defects and such. This is impossible online.

I will not tell you that my choice of wholesale merchandise was a mistake as my business is quite successful, but I have to be honest and say that the competition is fierce and keeping this business on top is quite the challenge.

My Advice



Choose wholesale merchandise that you enjoy and that you have researched. Check out the competition. Observe their websites. See how they rank in the search engines. Email them and ask questions about their products. Get their newsletter or mailing list. Learn and then learn some more before diving in.

With all of the above in mind, you should do well in choosing your wholesale merchandise. Take your time and enjoy it, that is key.

No comments: